Are you taking cold showers due to a malfunctioning water heater? Call us for maintenance, repairs, and replacements in Mississauga.
You likely don’t think about the ways you need hot water at your house until you’re left with cold water from a malfunctioning water heater. Avoid the inconvenience by scheduling water heater maintenance, repair, and installation appointments in Mississauga, ON. Call Home Trade Standards for services. We raise your standards!
Read our testimonials to learn why we should be your first call when you need water heater services.
We provide complete HVAC solutions to Mississauga, including:
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Boiler Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
Common Water Heater Issues That Need Repairs
When your water heater malfunctions, it’s important to schedule repairs as soon as possible. Some common issues that your unit might experience include:
- Lack of hot water: One of the most noticeable issues with your system is a lack of hot water. For gas-powered units, this can be caused by an extinguished pilot light that needs to be relit. It could also indicate a damaged heating element.
- Leaking: An expert should inspect the leak to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit should be replaced.
- Excessive noise: Loud or unusual noises can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that needs to be professionally removed.
- Cracks: Cracks should be inspected by a professional to see if they can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
Benefits of Installing a New Water Heater
When you install a new water heater in your house you can quickly experience numerous benefits of having a new unit. Some of the top advantages can include:
Increased efficiency: New units can use less energy, making them more efficient and resulting in lower utility bills.
Faster hot water recovery rate: Installing a new unit can provide hot water faster, helping to prevent your family from running out of hot water when showering.
Save space: Newer units take up less space than older units, allowing you to get a more efficient unit in a smaller size.
When you need water heater tune-ups, repairs, and replacements, contact us to make an appointment.
When To Replace a Water Heater
When your water heater starts to malfunction, it can be difficult to determine when to repair it versus when it needs to be replaced. Some signs to watch for include:
- Age: If your unit is getting older. These systems typically last between 10 to 20 years, depending on the make, model, and upkeep.
- Losing efficiency: If your system is losing efficiency and needs to work too hard to function.
- Rust and corrosion: If you notice rust or corrosion on the unit or rust in the water.
- Leaking: If there are leaks coming from the unit.
- Water is not warm enough: The system is no longer able to properly heat the water.
- Cracks: There are cracks in the tank or in the system.
Why You Should Install a Tankless Water Heater
When installing a new water heater in your house you can opt for a traditional unit or a tankless system. There are many reasons to select a tankless unit, including that it is more energy-efficient than other systems, and only heats the amount of water you need instead of a whole tank. It also requires fewer repairs than traditional units and can be safer since water is not sitting in the tank until it’s used.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Water Heaters
While it would be great if tankless water heaters came with an exact expiration date, you will be hard-pressed to find a salesperson who can guarantee a lifespan. However, you can get estimates from the experts. These on-demand systems can last between 10 to 20 years — or longer. However, this can be impacted by how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating.
Do you need water heater and tankless water heater maintenance, repairs, and installations? Call Home Trade Standards at 647-909-3943 for services in Mississauga, ON. We provide excellent customer service to our customers!