Condo Fan Coil Retrofit, Replacement & Installation Services In Toronto & Mississauga
- Condo Fan Coil Retrofit, Replacement & Installation Services In Toronto & Mississauga
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Old Fan Coil System
- Fan Coil Replacement Versus Repair
- Fan Coil Shut-Off Valves
- Riser Shut Down May Be Required
- Fan Coil Retrofit & Replacement Process
- Condo Fan Coil Retrofit & Replacement Costs In 2023
- Condo Fan Coil Types – Draw Through Versus Blow Through
- Fan Coil Replacement Results In Better Indoor Air Quality
- Condo Fan Coil Retrofit & Mould Remediation Services
- Fan Coil Replacement Parts & Accessories
- Call Us Now At (416) 736-7001
- Fan Coil Replacement Areas – Home Trade Standards
Home Trade Standards offers Complete Fan Coil Retrofit, Replacement & Installation Services to Condo Owners & Property Management in Toronto, Mississauga & GTA. We work closely with reputable Fan Coil Manufacturers from one project to another. Our team can help you find the best In-Suite Fan Coil Retrofit Solutions For Your Existing Horizontal or Vertical Fan Coil Model.
Installation of Fan Coil Units started in 1970. This means Fan Coil Systems have been around for more than half a century in Toronto High Rise Apartments. According to Fan Coil manufacturers, Fan Coil Units have a lifespan of 20 years. Mould, Dirt, Dust, and other airborne small particles inside your condo suite can build up over time inside your fan coil cabinet and vent systems and negatively spread in the air when the unit is operating. Most importantly, mould can easily build up and grow inside your fan coil cabinet especially in the air conditioning season due to excessive moisture and humidity level. This can cause serious health problems for residents over time due to the toxicity of airborne particles. Fan Coil Retrofit & Remediation is the best solution by far when it comes to improving indoor air quality in older condo highrise buildings.
If your building is older than 20 years old, please contact us directly to schedule an appointment for an onsite building analysis. We work closely with individual condo owners, condo board members, and property management to deliver the most reliable Condo HVAC & Fan Coil Retrofit Services in Toronto & GTA Area.
5 Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Old Fan Coil System
- Better indoor Air Quality once retrofit is completed
- New Fan Coil units are more quiet & efficient systems compare to older models
- New Fan Coil systems come with flood prevention sensors
- Mould Reduction Benefits by replacing the old insulation inside the cabinet as well as using anti-microbial material
- Condo value increases because of the new HVAC system
Fan Coil Replacement Versus Repair
With over a million already installed Fan Coil Systems in Toronto & GTA, Condo Fan Coil Retrofit & Replacement is going to be an important topic to look into when it comes to indoor air quality.
So Why should you retrofit your fan coil instead of doing the repair?
Fan Coil Units in the older buildings require part replacement over time due to rust, corrosion, and wear and tear. If your fan coil is over 20 years, you may no longer benefit from repair and part replacement because a complete replacement will be more cost-efficient compared to investing money on an outdated fan coil unit. New Fan Coil Replacement Systems are designed to fit the same cabinet cavity without having to go through major renovation inside your condo such as cutting drywall walls etc.
In addition, sourcing parts for an older fan coil unit can sometimes take a long time due to HVAC Part shortages & unavailability in the market. Hence, you may experience some downtime during peak hot summer or cold winter days.
Fan Coil Shut-Off Valves
All Fan Coil Units are equipped with supply & return isolation shut-off valves. These valves are designed to shut down the water during repair service or replacement of your fan coil unit. Fan Coil Inspection is definitely required before you can start replacing your fan coil unit(s). Your service professional must ensure that the supply & return valves are in working order before you can begin with your project. As your building gets older, your in-suite fan coil shut-off valves may start developing rust & corrosion. As a result, they may start leaking & malfunction when you need to use them.
Riser Shut Down May Be Required
If your existing isolation valves are not operational, you may need to contact your building management company to coordinate water shut down at your building. Now, this can be done through the building plumber once your management company approves your project request. Upon approval, the riser isolation valves can be replaced while there is no water running through the pipes. Please contact us today to get a free engineering consultation.
Fan Coil Retrofit & Replacement Process
Here is a recent fan coil removal and installation project we have done in a 30-Year-Old Toronto High Rise Condominium. Pictures are placed in order to show step by step how this is done.
Condo Fan Coil Retrofit & Replacement Costs In 2023
Condo Fan Coil Replacement Retrofit and Costs can vary from one building to another. Every condo is unique and every unit has a particular retrofit specification. Most Condominium Managements have a reserve fund designated for building retrofits and renovations. Condominium Fan Coil Retrofit & Replacement can cost from $3000 to $4500 Plus applicable taxes in Toronto & GTA.
Fan Coil Replacement Prices can vary based on the following factors:
- Fan Coil Replacement Unit Manufacturer: Don’t Get Fooled By The Low Price. Fan Coil Units Are Manufacturered Through Different Companies. Choosing Premium Products Always Costs More Money.
- Added Features & Accessories: Extra Fan Coil Features & Accessories Such as Smart Thermostats (NEST or Ecobee), Auxiliary Heating, Grille, Access Panel Door & Etc.
- Removal Process: Some Fan Coil Unit Replacement Projects Require Building Tents To Follow ECO LEVEL 2 Guidelines. This Will Add More Hours To The Process.
- Post Installation Extended Warranty: Most Contractors Offer 2 Year Part & Labour Warranty On All Fan Coil Installations. You Can Purchase an Extended Part & Labour Warranty To Ensure Peace of Mind.
- Building Water Shut Down: Condo Fan Coil Units Come With Two (2) Supply & Return Shut Off Valves. Before You Start The Replacement Process, We Must Inspect Your Fan Coil Units To Ensure The Valves Are Operational. If Local In-Suite Shut Off Valves Seized Due To Wear & Tear, You Need To Contact Building Plumber To Shut Down The Water Before You Can Start The Project.
If your building is older than 20 years old, please contact us directly to schedule an appointment for onsite building analysis. We work closely with individual condo owners, condo board members, and property management to deliver the most reliable Condo HVAC & Fan Coil Retrofit Services in Toronto & GTA Area.
Condo Fan Coil Types – Draw Through Versus Blow Through
There are two types of Fan Coil Designs in Condominiums. 1. Draw Thru 2. Blow Thru. These designs depend on your condo structure and it is not recommended to be modified.
Below is an illustration of Blow Thru Versus Draw Thru Fan Coil Retrofit Installation.
Fan Coil Replacement Results In Better Indoor Air Quality
Fan coil typically draws the air from inside your condo unit and then pas the air through the water coil and supplies it back to the suite. In older fan coil systems, you are allowing the airflow to bypass through the rust and corrosion of your old Fan Coil unit. Retrofit removes all the old rusted components from the cabinet. This will eliminate the dirty coil, rusted drain pan, and most importantly poor insulation inside the cabinet. A proper fan coil replacement should consist of removing all these components prior to installing the new fan coil system. This will improve your condo’s indoor air quality significantly.
Condo Fan Coil Retrofit & Mould Remediation Services
Home Trade Standards Fan Coil Retrofit & Mould Remediation Services are Designed to Help Condo Owners go through a seamless process to find the right fan coil unit for their condo. We help Condominium Homeowners & condo corporation managers in Toronto to select the right Heating & Air Conditioning Fan Coil Systems for their condos. Each Suite has a Unique Ventilation Capacity, Heat Loss, and HVAC design. Our Engineering Team can help you find the matching retrofit fan coil system for your condo space such as the living room, bedroom, and building common areas.
If your building is older than 20 years old, please contact us directly to schedule an appointment for onsite building analysis. We work closely with individual condo owners, condo board members and property management to deliver the most reliable Condo HVAC & Fan Coil Retrofit Services in Toronto & GTA Area.
Fan Coil Replacement Parts & Accessories
You can also order Fan Coil Replacement Parts & Accessories along with your new fan coil system. Filters, Access Door Panels, Grilles & Vents, Auxiliary Heating & Smart Thermostats count as optional accessories.
Call Us Now At (416) 736-7001
Home Trade Standards offers 24 hours live support for new & existing clients across Toronto & GTA.
Fan Coil Replacement Areas – Home Trade Standards
We do project-wide fan coil replacement services in the followings cities & municipalities:
- Toronto | 2. Mississauga | 3. Oshawa | 4. New Market | 5. Bradford | 6. Barrie | 7. Brampton | 8. Oakville | 9. Milton | 10. Richmond Hill | 11. Etobicoke | 12. Markam | 13. Scarborough | 14. North York | 15. Thornhill | 16. Vaughan