2020 Ontario Energy Rebates & Incentives
Updated January 6th, 2020
Having an energy efficient home is not only good for the environment and the conservation of natural resources, it is great for your wallet. Energy-efficient upgrades to your home earn you more than the money you save on reduced bills – in man cases they are eligible for rebates and incentives which puts more money back in your pocket.
There have been several important changes in Enbridge & Union Gas Rebates, so make sure you stay updated so you can make the best possible upgrades to your home. The updated 2020 Energy Efficiency Rebates & Incentives Program for Ontario is designed for homeowners in residential properties.
At Home Trade Standards, we facilitate the audit process for our clients who want to complete Heating, Air Conditioning and Water Heater upgrades in their home through our Residential HVAC Services. If you are planning to upgrade any of your HVAC Systems, simply contact us today at (416) 736-7001 to arrange a free estimate for your next HVAC replacement project.
We make sure to schedule the initial home energy assessment before you start the project. The main purpose of this energy pre-assessment is to determine the areas where you can potentially make home improvements (called retrofits) to help reduce your energy consumption and lower your utility bills.
How To Get Started With Your Energy Rebate
- Call us today to book an appointment with a licensed TSSA qualified contractor to provide you with an estimate. Home Trade Standards can facilitate the rebate process by offering free HVAC estimate services. Simply call us today to get more information.
- Schedule your pre-energy audit with an Approved Registered Energy Advisors (REA).
- Book your post energy audit with the same Registered Energy Advisor to validate the work has been completed.
- Receive your incentive cheque in 8-10 weeks
Home Trade Standards is a Toronto Based HVAC Contractor. We facilitate the rebate process by offering rebate qualified HVAC systems to consumers who would like to participate in the efficiency program. We are licensed and certified to install energy efficiency upgrades in residential homes in the Toronto & GTA area.
2020 Enbridge Energy Savings Rebates Eligibility, Costs & Timeline
Are you unsure whether or not your efficiency upgrades qualify for rebates? Curious about the costs and timelines associated with applying for and receiving your efficiency upgrades? We have the answers for you.
- You must install at least two of the recommended upgrades below in order to qualify for an incentive
- The cost of the first and the second audit is approximately $600 plus HTS. Enbridge will reimburse the audit upfront fee upon approval. Please note that the cost of the home energy assessments may vary amongst the Enbridge Service Organizations.
- The energy assessment process usually takes about 2.5 – 3 hours in total. The pre-assessment takes 1.5 – 2 and the post-assessment takes about 1 hour.
- Air Sealing cannot be counted as first and second mandatory upgrades. It can be only used as a third measure. It is at the homeowners’ discretion if they choose to install any upgrades. Upgrades such as air sealing and draft proofing can be done by the homeowner – but upgrades such as furnace or boiler replacement must be installed by a licensed HVAC Contractor
- OOnly detached, semi-detached, row and mobile homes on a permanent foundation qualify for the energy rebates.
Other Enbridge Program Updates
Embridge has updated a number of their other Energy Efficiency Rebates. If you have further questions, contact us. We are Toronto & The GTA’s HVAC Experts.
- For Furnace rebate eligibility, you must upgrade a 94% or lower efficiency furnace with a 96% or higher furnace. A 95% AFUE no longer qualifies for a rebate.
- The furnace rebate has been changed to $500, from $750.
- Any furnace replacement will require TWO additional upgrades.
- The boiler rebate has increased from $750 to $1000. It only requires ONE additional upgrade.
- $500 rebate for increasing attic insulation to at least R60 from R35 or less.
- The Audit Costs Reimbursement is now $550.
- Important Final Audit must be completed within 120 Days
Qualifying Home Energy Efficiency Upgrades & Retrofits
Below is the list of qualified upgrades and retrofits for 2020 Enbridge Rebate:
- Gas Furnace
- Gas Boiler
- Tankless Water Heater
- Attic Insulation
- Exterior Wall Insulation
- Basement Insulation
- Air Sealing
- Smart Thermostat
- Windows & Doors
Note: Air Sealing does not count as one upgrade measure stand-alone. It can count as a bonus upgrade during the audit process. Below is a list of bonuses for each additional upgrades:
- $250 if 3 Upgrades Completed
- $500 if 4 Upgrades Completed
- $750 if 5 Upgrades Completed