PTAC Repair, Installation & Replacement Services In Toronto & GTA
- PTAC Repair, Installation & Replacement Services In Toronto & GTA
- How To Choose The Best PTAC Unit For Your Condo
Home Trade Standards is a trusted PTAC Repair & Maintenance Company in Toronto. We provide HVAC Services to Commercial, Condominium and Residential Properties. Our service technicians are accustomed to the most well-known PTAC Manufacturers such as AMANA, ISlANDAIRE, PERFECT COMFORT, APPLIED COMFORT, CARRIER, MCQUAY, GE Zoneline and GE APPLIANCE.
PTAC Units are frequently used in hotel rooms, condo apartments, dormitories, shops, offices, banks and restaurants.
If You Are a Property Manager or Homeowner, Contact Us Today To Get a Free Estimate!
We provide the following services for PTAC Units:
- Emergency PTAC Repair
- Annual PTAC Maintenance
- PTAC Installation & Replacement
What Is Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs)?
A Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC) is a type of self-contained, ductless air conditioning system commonly used in hotels and condominium buildings. PTACs are installed in the sleeve section of the interior wall of a building. When a PTAC is installed, the condensing side of the unit is positioned outside the building wall and the evaporator side of the unit is positioned inside. Often PTACs provide heating and cooling, though some may only be designed for cooling. PTACs are designed to condition air in an individual room or zoned part of a building.
Call Us Now (416) 736-7001
Home Trade Standards offers 24/7 live support for new & existing clients across Toronto & GTA.
How To Choose The Best PTAC Unit For Your Condo
PTAC Units are manufactured in different designs to provide optimal heating or cooling output based on your building requirement: Here are the Four (4) most commonly used PTAC units in low-rise & high-rise condominiums:
- PTAC With Electric Resistance Heaters: Electric resistance heat PTACs use electric resistance heaters mounted in the air distribution section of the unit. Usually, these units require 240-volt wiring to efficiently operate the electric resistance heaters.
- PTAC With Heat Pump: A packaged terminal heat pump (PTHP) can reverse its refrigeration cycle to produce heat. Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps are generally suitable for geographical regions where temperatures do not typically drop below freezing. The control can be set for the desired temperature, and the unit automatically selects heat or cooling mode based on measured air temperature.
- PTAC Units With Both Heat Pumps With an Electric Resistance Heater Back Up: Heat Pumps produce heat up to three times more efficiently than electric resistance heating. In all but the coldest regions, a packaged terminal heat pump will significantly reduce energy consumption compared to a packaged terminal air conditioner equipped with electric resistance.
- PTAC Units With Gas-Fired Heating & Electricity for Air Conditioning: Another type of PTAC is equipped with a gas-fired heater that uses electronic ignition and either LP or natural gas supplied to the system. The heater section of the PTAC is completely sealed off from the inside living space. It draws in outside air for combustion and exhausts the products of combustion to the outside as well. The heat of combustion is transferred indoors through a heat exchanger, which keeps the indoor air completely separate from the combustion air. One drawback of a gas-fired heater is that it requires a gas line to be run to the unit. For the cooling compartments, these types of PTAC Units use refrigeration to provide air conditioning in your space.
Notes: In Canada, All PTAC units work with R-22 or R-410A Refrigerant. R22 refrigerators are obsolete. Learn more about What It Means To Have an Air Conditioner With R-22 Refrigerants
PTAC Sizes & Custom Dimensions
PTAC Units are designed in different standard dimensions including 42×16, 36×15, 40×15 and 26×16 inches. Some older PTACs may have custom dimensions. We have seen many times when the dimensions are not standard. In that case, we can help you with ordering new custom-made PTAC units.
PTAC Manufacturer Warranty:
At Home Trade Standards, we provide at least 1 year part labour warranty on all PTAC installations. In addition, Most PTAC Units come with a 6-year compressor warranty and 1 year limited part.
Our Service Areas
Condo HVAC Repair & Installation Services In Toronto
Home Trade Standards has a designated team specializing in Low-Rise & High-Rise Condo HVAC Repair & Maintenance Services in Toronto & GTA. We are experts in Condo HVAC Units such as Fan Coil, Heat Pump, Magic-Pak, Air Handler, High Velocity, Ductless Mini-Split, PTAC Air Conditioning & Heating Systems you currently use. We have helped hundreds of clients, including Condominium Corporations, Landlords, Tenants & Property Managers. All Our Condo HVAC Repair Services are fully Guaranteed For at Least 1 Year Part & Labour.