When winter arrives in North York, you need to ensure your heating system is working properly. Call us for heating and furnace repairs and installations.
Only trust your heating repairs to the experts. Read our testimonials to find out why you should call us for appointments in North York.
We provide complete heating services to North York, ON, including:
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Boiler Services
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
Signs Your Furnace Needs To Be Repaired
Do you still need to wrap yourself in a blanket, even when your furnace is running? This can signal you need furnace repairs. Other symptoms to watch for include:
- Short cycling: If the furnace runs for less than three minutes before it shuts off. This can indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger or an issue with your thermostat.
- Irregular flames: If you look at the burners in your unit, they should have relatively even rows of flames. They should not be uneven or lean toward the back. If they do, it could signal dirty burners, or it could be a more serious problem, like a cracked heat exchanger. This can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning and needs to be addressed right away.
- Unusual sounds: If your forced-air system starts to make rumbling, popping, or whistling noises when the unit is running it could indicate a number of problems.
- Cracked heat exchanger: If you experience frequent headaches or flu-like symptoms, it could be due to a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. This can lead to serious health issues and should be inspected by a professional immediately.
Common Furnace Problems
It’s never convenient for your furnace to need repairs – especially during the winter months. However, occasionally your system will experience problems that require professional maintenance services. These can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Failing to schedule regular maintenance visits with our certified professionals can lead to a number of issues with your system. To avoid this, have our technicians perform a tune-up at least once a year.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Dirty filters can cause your system to malfunction and lead to poor indoor air quality. You can reduce the strain on your unit by replacing your filters regularly, about every three months.
- Mechanical wear and tear: An aging unit can develop more frequent issues and lose efficiency. If this happens you should consult our technicians to determine if it is more cost-effective to have the system replaced.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your house does not match the setting on your thermostat, schedule an appointment with our experts to determine the cause of the issue.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted air flow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: One of the most serious issues with your unit is a carbon monoxide leak. If you notice the pilot light turn from blue to yellow, or an excessive amount of condensation on your windows, or you start to feel ill in any way, you need to immediately leave your property and call the professionals for help.
When you need your heating system repaired, contact us to learn about our array of services.
What To Expect During Heater Maintenance Services
Our experts at Home Trade Standards recommend having your heater serviced by a professional at least once a year. During these routine services you can expect an expert to do the following:
- Shut off the power to the unit to protect him or herself – and your household – while he or she fully inspects the system.
- Examine all of the inner components of the system to ensure they are operating as expected.
- Ask if you want to replace any worn-out parts or belts in the system during this routine visit rather than waiting until they completely fail later.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Installing a new heater at your home or building can have many benefits. Some of the top advantages you can enjoy are:
- A more energy-efficient unit, resulting in lower utility bills.
- Increased comfort in your home or building, as you can better control the temperature.
- Even heating throughout your property, eliminating hot and cold spots.
- Better indoor air quality as the new unit can properly remove any dust, dirt, and other debris from the air.
Save Money With Heat Pumps
When installing a new heating system in your home, don’t overlook heat pumps. While you might initially think of forced-air systems, you can save money on your utility bills with a heat pump. These units allow you to save money by:
- Using a minimal amount of electricity to transfer hot and cold air.
- Letting you quickly change the temperature of your room.
- Allowing you to instantly switch from heating to cooling with the push of a button.
Do you need furnace repairs or replacements? Call Home Trade Standards at 647-909-3943 for services in North York, ON. We provide excellent customer service to all of our clients!