Don’t risk being left without hot water. Call us for water heater and tankless repairs and replacements in North York.
Make sure your house has hot water readily available by ensuring your water heater works. Whether you have a standard unit or a tankless system, you need to schedule professional services on the unit to make repairs and install a new system when needed. For repairs and replacements in North York, ON, call Home Trade Standards for services. We raise your standards!
Call us when you need hot water restored at your house. Read our testimonials to learn why we should be your first call!
We provide complete HVAC solutions to North York, including:
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Boiler Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
Common Water Heater Issues
You might not think about your hot water heater often – until it stops working. Some common issues you can experience with your system include:
- Lack of hot water: One of the most noticeable issues with your system is a lack of hot water. For gas-powered units, this can be caused by an extinguished pilot light that needs to be relit. It could also indicate a damaged heating element.
- Leaking: An expert should inspect the leak to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit should be replaced.
- Excessive noise: Loud or unusual noises can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that needs to be professionally removed.
- Cracks: Cracks should be inspected by a professional to see if they can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
Life Expectancy of a Water Heater
When you purchase a new water heater, one of the first questions you might ask is “how long will it last?” While every make and model is different, most electric units will last between 10 to 20 years. The amount of care and maintenance the system receives, and the quality of your water, can impact that timeline. Gas-powered units might not last quite as long as electric systems.
Schedule water heater repairs, maintenance, replacements, and installations. Contact us to make an appointment in North York.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs To Be Replaced
How often do you check your water heater system to look for signs of wear and tear? Not often, right? While a professional can let you know during an annual tune-up if you should consider replacing a system soon, there are symptoms you can watch for that can indicate you need to prepare to replace your existing unit:
- Age: If your unit is getting older. These systems typically last between 10 to 20 years, depending on the make, model, and upkeep.
- Losing efficiency: If your system is losing efficiency and needs to work too hard to function.
- Rust and corrosion: If you notice rust or corrosion on the unit or rust in the water.
- Leaking: If there are leaks coming from the unit.
- Water is not warm enough: The system is no longer able to properly heat the water.
- Cracks: There are cracks in the tank or in the system.
Common Issues With On-demand Water Heaters
While there are many benefits to instant hot water heaters, like any appliance, there are also some issues you should be aware of before installing a system in your home. These can include:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system may be more expensive than a traditional unit, but you will save on energy usage. Soon, the money you’re saving can outweigh the price of the unit.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. Only trust a plumbing professional to do this work!
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage.
Benefits Tankless Water Heaters Provide
Are you trying to determine whether to install a tankless water heater or a traditional unit in your North York home? There are advantages to installing an on-demand unit. Some of these benefits can include:
- They can reduce your monthly utility bills by only heating the exact amount of water needed.
- They require less maintenance than traditional units.
- They pose fewer risks of contaminated water since the water isn’t sitting in a tank until it’s used.
- They take up less space than traditional models as they don’t have a storage tank.
When you need water heater and tankless water heater maintenance, repairs, and installations, call Home Trade Standards at 647-909-3943 for services in North York, ON. We provide excellent customer service to all of our clients!