Don’t get stuck in a hot and stuffy house all summer due to a malfunctioning air conditioner. Call us for AC repairs, maintenance, and replacements in Vaughan.
Do you find yourself sweating in your house in the summer, even when the air conditioner is running? This can signal your AC unit is not running properly. To make sure it can cool your house to the desired temperature, schedule routine maintenance, repairs, and replacements. Call Home Trade Standards for appointments in Vaughan, ON. When you call us, we promise to deliver superb customer service.
Read our testimonials to see why we should be your first call when you need air conditioning repairs and replacements in Vaughan.
We provide complete cooling services to Vaughan, including:
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Boiler Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
Signs You Need To Replace Your Air Conditioner
Don’t wait too long to replace your malfunctioning air conditioner. Waiting until it completely fails can leave you stuck in the heat this summer. Instead, watch for these signs that indicate you need to replace your unit so you can schedule services:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- Your energy bills are increasing, indicating a loss of efficiency.
- Your home or building is not cooling to the desired temperature.
- You need multiple repairs on your unit.
- You need a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your system leaks.
- You hear strange sounds coming from the unit, which could signal an issue with the motor.
- There’s cold air being produced by the unit, but it’s not blowing out as hard as it should be.
Perform Maintenance To Reduce Cooling Costs
Performing regular maintenance tasks on your air conditioner and taking measures to make it more energy-efficient can help lower your cooling costs. Some tips to follow include:
- Make sure your home or building is properly insulated.
- Replace the air filters regularly, at least every three months.
- Schedule regular maintenance on your air conditioner to have it inspected and tuned up by a professional.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat down a few degrees so you’re still comfortable but using less energy.
- Replace your older unit with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans throughout your house to help circulate the air.
- Close your drapes on sunny days to keep some heat out of your home.
Contact us to learn about the complete heating and cooling services we offer to Vaughan.
What To Expect During Air Conditioner Repairs
When you call a service company to perform repairs on your air conditioner, you might wonder what to expect during their visit. Rest assured, some of the things you can expect during a service appointment are:
- The technician will inspect your unit and diagnose the problem. Then, the professional will explain the problem to you and present you with options for how to correct the issue.
- The expert will explain what parts are needed to make the repair, the function of the part, and any potential costs. The professional might also explain what steps you can take to prevent the issue from occurring again if it’s avoidable.
- If needed, the technician might recommend making updates to your unit to make it run more efficiently.
- Once the plan has been agreed upon, the technician will get the necessary parts and start the repairs. When he or she is done, the expert will walk you through what was fixed and demonstrate that it is now working.
How To Prepare for an AC Installation
Before having a new air conditioner installed at your house, there are certain steps you should take. This can include:
- First, you need to select a service company to complete the work.
- Next, work with the company to determine your estimated costs. This will depend largely on if you need to have ductwork installed, or if you are just replacing the AC unit.
- Then, you are ready to work with the experts at the company to select a new unit for your home.
- While waiting for the installation, clean the area where the system will go and make sure you clear a path for the technicians to bring out the old unit and bring in the new system.
- Lastly, it’s important to be aware of potential unforeseen circumstances the technicians might encounter during your installation. This will help prepare you for any potential issues that can occur.
For air conditioner maintenance, repairs, or installations in Vaughan, ON, call Home Trade Standards at 647-909-3943 for services. We will raise your standards!