Get ready for winter by having your heater or furnace maintained, repaired, or replaced before the cold weather arrives. Call us for services in Vaughan.
We all know what winter can bring – freezing temperatures, heavy snow, and ice. To keep your family safe and warm, it’s important to make sure your heating system works properly. Schedule routine maintenance, repairs, and replacements with a company you can trust. Call the experts at Home Trade Standards for appointments in Vaughan, ON. We raise your standards.
Read our testimonials to see why your Vaughan neighbors call us for heating and furnace repairs.
We provide complete heating services to Vaughan, including:
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Boiler Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
Maintenance To Make Your Furnace More Energy Efficient
Keep your furnace working properly – and keep your utility bills low – by using these maintenance tips to make your unit more energy-efficient:
- Install a programmable thermostat. This will provide better climate control.
- Check your air ducts to ensure there are no leaks.
- Properly insulate your home to keep the warm air in and the cold air out.
- Perform regular maintenance on the system at least once a year.
- Change the air filters regularly.
- Open the curtains or shades to let sunlight in to add heat to your home.
Benefits of New Furnace Installation
There are many benefits to installing a new furnace at your home. Some of the top benefits include:
- New units come with the latest technology and features to control the climate in your home.
- New systems are more energy-efficient, using up to 30 percent less fuel than older models.
- New units make less noise than older units.
- New models provide more consistent heating throughout your house than older systems.
Contact us to learn about the heating and furnace services we offer to Vaughan.
Common Heater Problems That Require Repairs
While it’s not ideal, occasionally your heater will require professional repairs. Some common problems your unit might experience include:
- Uneven heating in your home. This can create hot and cold spots throughout the property.
- Your unit shuts down unexpectedly before reaching the desired temperature. This can be due to a failing pilot light, faulty wiring, or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- If your system takes too long to heat, and even turning up the thermostat doesn’t help, it can indicate leaky air ducts, a damaged fan motor, or problems with the belts and bearings.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Heater Needs To Be Replaced
When your heater starts to struggle to warm your house, or shows signs of wear and tear, it can be time to replace it. Some other symptoms to watch for are:
- Your system needs multiple – or costly – repairs.
- Your utility bills continue to rise, despite not increasing your usage.
- You have a dangerous issue – like a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to a carbon monoxide leak.
- Your home isn’t heating to the desired temperature.
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Impact Your Home
If your heater isn’t functioning properly due to a lack of maintenance, it can have many negative impacts on your household. Some effects can include:
- Risk of illness for your family. A malfunctioning system – especially if there is a serious issue with your system, like a carbon monoxide leak – can put your household’s health at risk.
- Lower indoor air quality. A broken unit can fail to remove all of the particles from the air, like dust and debris.
- Risk of fire. Certain issues with your system can cause an increased risk of fire.
- Higher utility bills. If your unit is working too hard to warm your home it can cause your electric bills to increase.
How You Can Benefit From a Heat Pumps
When looking for a new heating system, you might not consider a heat pump. However, this could be the right solution for your house. This system can both heat and cool your property. It takes heat from the groundwater or air to warm your house in the winter months. In the summer, the unit pumps heat out of your home to cool it. This keeps your home comfortable in an energy-efficient manner – letting you save money on your utility bills.
Does your heating system need to be repaired or replaced? Call Home Trade Standards at 647-909-3943 for services in Vaughan, ON. We provide excellent customer service!