Nest Protect | Smoke & CO Alarm Battery
IT'S TIME TO EXPECT MORE FROM YOUR SMOKE ALARM.
The Nest Protect smoke and CO alarm 2ND Generation Battery looks for both fast and slow burning fires. It can alert your phone and tell you where the danger is. And it lets you hush a false alarm with your phone. It has a Split‑Spectrum Sensor, tests itself automatically and lasts up to a decade. It’s also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required.
- SPLIT-SPECTRUM SENSOR: uses two different kinds of light to detect smoke from a wide range of fires, including both fast-flaming and slow smoldering fires, a first for home smoke and CO alarms.
- CARBON MONOXIDE SENSOR: detects carbon monoxide (CO), an odorless, colorless and potentially deadly gas. The CO sensor lasts up to 10 years.
- HEAT SENSOR: enables Nest Protect to detect sudden rises in temperature.
- HUMIDITY SENSOR: enables Steam Check. This Nest Protect exclusive feature uses an advanced software algorithm to reduce nuisance alarms caused by things like steam from your shower.
- OCCUPANCY SENSOR: detects when you are walking under Nest Protect to turn on Pathlight and light your way in the dark. And if you have a Nest Learning Thermostat, the occupancy sensor also helps with Home/Away Assist, so you can save energy while you’re gone.
- AMBIENT LIGHT SENSOR: tells Nest Protect when you’ve shut off the lights for the night so it can automatically turn on Nightly Promise and Pathlight.
- MICROPHONE: enables 2nd generation Nest Protects to test their speaker and horn each time you run a test. This feature is called Sound Check.