Make sure you’re ready for winter by having your heating system maintained, repaired, or replaced before the cold weather arrives. Call us for services in Mississauga.
Between the cold temperatures, snow, and ice, it’s crucial to have a functioning heating system to keep your house safe and warm all winter. Have your heater or furnace maintained, repaired, or replaced before the cold weather arrives. Call the experts at Home Trade Standards for appointments in Mississauga, ON. When you schedule an appointment with us, we raise your standards.
We believe we provide good customer service, but don’t take our word for it. Read our testimonials to see what our customers think of our work.
We provide complete heating services to Mississauga, ON, including:
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Boiler Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
How to Properly Maintain Your Furnace
Our technicians recommend performing routine maintenance on your system to keep it running correctly all winter. Some tasks to perform are:
- Schedule a yearly inspection with a professional in the late spring or early fall.
- Change the filter at least every three months.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor. This should be inspected by a professional during your annual tune-up.
- Have a heating contractor inspect your ducts to ensure they are sealed properly.
- Check the blower for any obstructions. If needed, apply lubrication.
- Inspect the inside of the unit’s chamber for defects that could include rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and dirt.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” to prevent overheating.
- Check the gas meter to monitor the rate of fuel usage.
- Clean the area around the system to keep it free from debris.
When To Replace Your Furnace
It can be difficult to determine when you should replace your furnace. Some symptoms that can indicate you need to install a new system are:
- Your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your system can no longer effectively heat your home.
- Your unit has cracks. If there is a crack in the heat exchanger it can lead to a carbon monoxide leak, which can be very dangerous for your entire household.
- Your monthly utility bills start to increase.
- Your system needs multiple repairs.
- Your system needs a large, costly repair.
Contact us to learn about the complete heating services we offer to Mississauga.
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Repaired
Don’t risk having your heater break down unexpectedly in the winter. Schedule professional services when you notice the following signs:
- Your property isn’t heating to the temperature set on the thermostat.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your home or building.
- You hear loud noises coming from the unit.
- Your monthly bills increase without a change in your usage.
- Your thermostat isn’t keeping your home at a consistent temperature.
- You have leaks in your ductwork.
Symptoms Your Heater Needs To Be Replaced
As your heater ages, you might start to wonder when you should stop repairing it and instead install a new system. Some symptoms to watch for that indicate you need to replace your unit are:
- Your system needs multiple – or costly – repairs.
- Your utility bills continue to rise, despite not increasing your usage.
- You have a dangerous issue – like a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to a carbon monoxide leak.
- Your home isn’t heating to the desired temperature.
What To Expect During a Routine Maintenance Visit
You should have your heater properly maintained by a professional at least once a year. During these services, you can expect an expert to:
- Shut off the power to the unit to protect him or herself – and your household – while he or she fully inspects the system.
- Examine all of the inner components of the system to ensure they are operating as expected.
- Ask if you want to replace any worn-out parts or belts in the system during this routine visit rather than waiting until they completely fail later.
Benefits of Installing a Heat Pump
There are many advantages to installing a heat pump in your house. Some of the benefits include:
- Energy-efficiency: These systems use less energy than other heating units. This can result in lower utility bills.
- Government incentives: Purchasing one of these units can potentially result in renewable heat incentives from the government or a tax rebate.
- Improved air quality: The units can provide better air quality as they don’t create smoke or fumes.
- Safety: These units can be safer than other forced-air heating systems.
- Consistent indoor climate: These systems give you maximum control over your interior climate, letting you set the temperature in each room.
Does your heating system need to be repaired or replaced? Call Home Trade Standards at 647-909-3943 for services in Mississauga, ON. We provide excellent customer service!